Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Highlights of the last decade

It has been 10 years since I came to the U.S. Highlights of each year follows in a nutshell:
2000 - Moved from Addis Ababa, Ethiopia to Hesston, KS for college education. Excited about the new experience and learned a lot about America in one year
2001 - Life became a little challenging. Was working three part time jobs. Asked God to lift off this burden & specifically asked him for a full scholarship which he did.
2002 - Moved to Goshen, IN. Gave most of my time to ministry at Goshen College. Rewarding experience! A lot of spiritual warfare and victory.
2003 - Graduated from Goshen College and started working a temporary full-time job at the Elkhart Clinic. My first test of full-time job, great experience!
2004 - I saw God working in my life so much. He gave me a vision and the strength to serve him in the midwest region with a group of brothers and sisters
2005 - Started my graduate studies at Indiana University. God opened many doors for ministry. Travelled a lot! Amazing year!
2006 - Got married to my wonderful wife, Melat
2007 - Graduated from IUSB, started looking for jobs. Focused more on my pregnant wife. Learned cooking variety of dishes, wify hated the kitchen:)
2008 - God blessed us with a wonderful son, Lewy, and also a full-time job, life started to change dramatically
2009 - Life was very tough with lots of changes in our life. I started to ask lots of questions, really challenged!
2010 - God blessed us with a second son, Lukas. So grateful! Amazing year for me because my eyes/heart got stuck on the King instead of the temporary things of the world. Learned a lot about life. His word really became my guidance and source of life! I found lots of answers from the Bible.
2011 - Kicked off the new decade by faith and not by sight!!
"Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever." Psalms 23:6

1 comment:

  1. I loved reading this entry (even though it was months later!) about your last decade in a snapshot. I'm so thankful that God allowed your family and our family's paths to cross.

    Beyond wishing,
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete